First Dirty Money, then Vonnegutt; what’s with all the home oriented records? Whatever. If this is what’s happening in the hood, I’ll take DJBooth Freestyle Alum Fashawn‘s Going Home record over the others that have released in the past few weeks. Not because his version is more authentic, but because he went in over a Javelin beat, which tells a story of its own with details like UFO beam-ups, stars twinkling and birds chirping. While I’m not one for “cute” beats, this production work suits Fashawn’s delivery perfectly as he brings emotions dressed in Kanye’s red windbreaker and gold chain: “Sometimes I feel like I’m writing my life away / in the studio night and day / lightin’ haze / spittin’ like I’m twice me age.” Fash has properly told the story of his come-up in the music industry before, and Going Home just adds to the collection of tracks that fit his storybook catalog. Fittingly, this song is the latest in Fashawn’s Sunday School series and will be released on his upcoming mixtape, Higher Learning, set to be released in March.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 12/6/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Way ft. Evidence" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.