Paper may be the object of the game, but Gettin’ It is only half the battle. To qualify as a true baller, you’ve got to get it and look good while doing it. If your wardrobe’s looking a little stale, then Fashawn and So Fresh Clothing‘s new Grizzly City Kush snap-back just might be the first step to a new, flyer you. For the rest of the package, refer to the Cali repper’s latest effort, an unreleased joint leaked to celebrate the hat’s arrival on store shelves. Nima Fadavi‘s sets the mood for a braggadocious street banger, layering twinkling synth-bell arpeggios over slow-rolling percussion as the artist schools us “little homie[s]” on “how to stay fly, get money and act a fool.” In addition to revealing some of the key ingredients of his style (Louis V. shades, fresh Polo Ts, spotless Jordans…), he takes some time out to offer advice on making an appropriately grand entrance: “Four 15’s in the back, now you stuntin’ / Keep a beauty queen in your lap like it’s nothin’ / Pull up to the scene with a stack countin’ hundreds, hop out in some thousand-dollar jeans that’s rugged.” Though this cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans should keep it locked for the latest on Fash’s forthcoming mixtape, Champagne & Styrofoam Cups, going into 2012.
Written by richard on 12/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Way ft. Evidence" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.