To the victor go the spoils. In Fashawn’s case the spoils include Diamonds and Girls, among many others. As the Fresno emcee will tell you growing up wasn’t easy, but somehow the emcee persevered and is now reaping the benefits of his hard work and determination. With captivating cadence as well as a powerful delivery the emcee lives up to his own claim that he is as “special as a .38”. Assisting Fash is vocalist K-Young, who lends his silky vocals to the chorus capping off a very solid effort. The Freestyle Series alum has a busy couple of months ahead of him, as album Champagne and Styrofoam Cups is set to drop in a few weeks, followed up by another proper release, The Ecology, scheduled to impact in early 2013.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Way ft. Evidence" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)