To the victor go the spoils. In Fashawn’s case the spoils include Diamonds and Girls, among many others. As the Fresno emcee will tell you growing up wasn’t easy, but somehow the emcee persevered and is now reaping the benefits of his hard work and determination. With captivating cadence as well as a powerful delivery the emcee lives up to his own claim that he is as “special as a .38”. Assisting Fash is vocalist K-Young, who lends his silky vocals to the chorus capping off a very solid effort. The Freestyle Series alum has a busy couple of months ahead of him, as album Champagne and Styrofoam Cups is set to drop in a few weeks, followed up by another proper release, The Ecology, scheduled to impact in early 2013.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Way ft. Evidence" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.