Next Saturday, April 12, current World Boxing Organization welterweight champ Thomas Bradley III will be squaring off against challenger Manny Pacquaio, two years after a controversial 2012 match in which the latter lost to the former. To help Bradley and his supporters get appropriately pumped for the occasion, Fresno phenom Fashawn has recorded a new promo single appropriately titled Champion. Constant collaborator Exile mans the boards, layering swirling strings and chopped vocal samples over a resolute rhythm section. Fash comes with lionhearted bars to match, celebrating his skills in verses packed with witty wordplay (“My momma shoulda named me Victor, ‘cause victory’s all I see when I look in the mirror.”). This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can click here to peep 2DopeBoyz’ recent video feature on Fashawn and Bradley. Additionally, it was announced last week that hip-hop legend Nas was contemplating signing Fashawn; we’ll keep you posted on the story as it develops.
Written by richard on 04/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Way ft. Evidence" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.