Next Saturday, April 12, current World Boxing Organization welterweight champ Thomas Bradley III will be squaring off against challenger Manny Pacquaio, two years after a controversial 2012 match in which the latter lost to the former. To help Bradley and his supporters get appropriately pumped for the occasion, Fresno phenom Fashawn has recorded a new promo single appropriately titled Champion. Constant collaborator Exile mans the boards, layering swirling strings and chopped vocal samples over a resolute rhythm section. Fash comes with lionhearted bars to match, celebrating his skills in verses packed with witty wordplay (“My momma shoulda named me Victor, ‘cause victory’s all I see when I look in the mirror.”). This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can click here to peep 2DopeBoyz’ recent video feature on Fashawn and Bradley. Additionally, it was announced last week that hip-hop legend Nas was contemplating signing Fashawn; we’ll keep you posted on the story as it develops.
Written by richard on 04/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Way ft. Evidence" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.