Next Saturday, April 12, current World Boxing Organization welterweight champ Thomas Bradley III will be squaring off against challenger Manny Pacquaio, two years after a controversial 2012 match in which the latter lost to the former. To help Bradley and his supporters get appropriately pumped for the occasion, Fresno phenom Fashawn has recorded a new promo single appropriately titled Champion. Constant collaborator Exile mans the boards, layering swirling strings and chopped vocal samples over a resolute rhythm section. Fash comes with lionhearted bars to match, celebrating his skills in verses packed with witty wordplay (“My momma shoulda named me Victor, ‘cause victory’s all I see when I look in the mirror.”). This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can click here to peep 2DopeBoyz’ recent video feature on Fashawn and Bradley. Additionally, it was announced last week that hip-hop legend Nas was contemplating signing Fashawn; we’ll keep you posted on the story as it develops.
Written by richard on 04/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Way ft. Evidence" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.