An English teacher would tell you that, if something’s already The Illest, it can’t get any iller. But when did a hip-hop artist ever let grammar stop them from bringing something dope into the world? Featured, in its original form, back in May of 2013, this mixtape single has received the remix treatment courtesy of DJ E-Mix and a pair of high-profile guests. Over Wallpaper‘s syncopated percussion, synths and buzzing woodwinds, Kev Nish and original guest Riff Raff are joined by ATL hitmaker B.o.B. and TDE phenom ScHoolboy Q. Have the Los Angeles reppers succeeded in making this rendition even sicker than its prototype? As always, y’all get to lay down the final verdict. You’ll find both versions of The Illest on Far East Movement’s upcoming KTown Riot LP. Keep it locked for further release details on the set, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 03/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2 Is Better Than 1" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.