Much like the ever-popular “Why?,” the question “So What?” has the power of derailing any conversation into a pointless, potentially infinite series of queries (and, if you press the issue for too long, to cause whoever you’re talking to storm off in disgust). Since y’all presumably clicked the link to get here, though, I’m going to save myself the trouble of explaining the significance of the fact that Far East Movement have dropped a new single, and get straight to the good stuff. Inspired by—and featuring samples from—Beastie Boys classic So What’cha Want, this cut finds the crew mixing the ‘92 cut’s old-school style with cutting-edge club vibes. Over The Stereotypes’ clattering percussion and sizzling synth blurts, Kev Nish, DJ Virman, Prohgress and J-Splif attack the beat in characteristically hard-partying style, telling us exactly how they like to have a good time. (Prohgress hilariously fantasizes about “[taking] Donald out for lunch,” and “...Ivana out for brunch.”). The end result is eminently danceable, not to mention catchy as all get-out. “So What?” So those who haven’t already should pick up a copy of last year’s Free Wired LP, as well as peeping this cut’s recently-debuted official video.
Written by richard on 06/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2 Is Better Than 1" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.