Far East Movement’s new single If I Was You (OMG) is standard fare for the L.A. based group, a lyrically light, party anthem that relies mostly on The Stereotypes’ pulsating house-influenced beat to get stilettos on the floor. Even as hardcore hip-hop heads, we can’t hold this against them. After all, they know their lane, and they stick to it. However, we can no longer deny the fact that their guest star, Snoop Dogg has become a complete enigma. The same LBC OG who recently proclaimed I Don’t Need No B**ch and is known for slanging gang affiliated rhymes over the coldest of Dre instrumentals, now seems to hit the disco on every other track. After being in the game for almost 20 years, he’s earned the right to do whatever he wants, I’m just not sure the masses are ready to accept his new found love for glow sticks. Either way, a catchy record is a catchy record, so do the Far East crew have another hit on their hands? While this is an updated version of the album offering, Far East Movement’s party-starting Free Wired is available now.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 03/14/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2 Is Better Than 1" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.