From Socrates onward, philosophers have hotly debated what constitutes “the good life.” Is it about virtue? Moderation? Renunciation of worldly goods? Friendship? Self-sufficiency? On new single Live My Life, the follow-up to the reader-acclaimed (but polarizing) Jello, the Los Angeles electro-hop heavyweights offer their perspective on the age-old question. Unsurprisingly, the ideal vocalists Kev Nish, Prohgress and Jay Splif describe over RedOne‘s synth-drenched four-on-the-floor boardwork is all about letting loose, partying until the break of dawn, and generally enjoying the best of what life has to offer (especially when what’s on offer are gyrating female bodies). Teen-pop hearthrob Justin Bieber echoes their pleasure-seeking philosophy on the guest tip, announcing that he’s going to have a good time “no matter what” on the radio-ready chorus. Need more of the Far East Movement’s dancefloor/radio-ready freshness in your life? While Dirty Bass has yet to receive a drop date, fans will be able to digitally purchase this joint, along with a Party Rock remix by LMFAO‘s Redfoo, on February 28. Additionally, watch for an official video to premiere in the coming weeks.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2 Is Better Than 1" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.