From Socrates onward, philosophers have hotly debated what constitutes “the good life.” Is it about virtue? Moderation? Renunciation of worldly goods? Friendship? Self-sufficiency? On new single Live My Life, the follow-up to the reader-acclaimed (but polarizing) Jello, the Los Angeles electro-hop heavyweights offer their perspective on the age-old question. Unsurprisingly, the ideal vocalists Kev Nish, Prohgress and Jay Splif describe over RedOne‘s synth-drenched four-on-the-floor boardwork is all about letting loose, partying until the break of dawn, and generally enjoying the best of what life has to offer (especially when what’s on offer are gyrating female bodies). Teen-pop hearthrob Justin Bieber echoes their pleasure-seeking philosophy on the guest tip, announcing that he’s going to have a good time “no matter what” on the radio-ready chorus. Need more of the Far East Movement’s dancefloor/radio-ready freshness in your life? While Dirty Bass has yet to receive a drop date, fans will be able to digitally purchase this joint, along with a Party Rock remix by LMFAO‘s Redfoo, on February 28. Additionally, watch for an official video to premiere in the coming weeks.
Written by richard on 02/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2 Is Better Than 1" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.