Far East Movement may have broken through with Like a G6, one of the more rock out till you blackout party anthems in recent memory, but for their new single the group wanted to show that the can also address more weight topics: namely, Obama’s inability to push through true climate change legislation. I’m sorry, I’m just joking. The crew’s new single, Dirty Bass, is about dancing, drinking and making booties dip like a lowrider (not necessarily in that order). Frequent production providers The Stereotypes give Dirty Bass its, well, dirty bass, dropping off a pounding, hypnotically rolling beat perfect for Far East members Kev Nish, Prohgress and Jay Splif’s coolly delivered rhymes. And if you’re going to be getting dirty in the club, who better to invite along for a guest feature than Mr. Stripper Anthem himself, the Mayor of Rack City, Tyga? That was a rhetorical question, there’s no one better. Those in the mood for even good-time music from the L.A. crew are in luck. The video for Dirty Bass is slated to drop soon, followed by Dirty Bass the album, slated to hit dance floors, U.S. store shelves and digital retailers on June 5.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"2 Is Better Than 1" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)