Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
The last few years have undoubtedly been dope for R&B but, if you ask me, there’s been a little something missing. Or rather, someone—someone by the name of Fantasia Barrino. Nearly three years after the release of her last studio album, summer 2010’s Back to Me, the American Idol-winner has finally nailed down a drop date for her senior set. Appropriately enough, second single Without Me (following last December’s non-featured Lose to Win) finds the singer asserting her unwillingness to be taken for granted. Over Harmony Samuels’ slow-burning production, the singer reminds a presumptuous fella that she made him who is he is. Kelly Rowland and Missy Elliott back Fantasia up on the record’s latter two-thirds. Fantasia’s fourth full-length, Side Effects of Me, is scheduled for release April 23, via RCA Records. Click here to pre-order the LP via iTunes!
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Fantasia’s Steven Gomillion and Dennis Leupold-directed Without Me visual.
Written by richard on 07/2/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When I See U (Remix) ft. Remy Ma, B.G. & Young Jeezy" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.