Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
The last few years have undoubtedly been dope for R&B but, if you ask me, there’s been a little something missing. Or rather, someone—someone by the name of Fantasia Barrino. Nearly three years after the release of her last studio album, summer 2010’s Back to Me, the American Idol-winner has finally nailed down a drop date for her senior set. Appropriately enough, second single Without Me (following last December’s non-featured Lose to Win) finds the singer asserting her unwillingness to be taken for granted. Over Harmony Samuels’ slow-burning production, the singer reminds a presumptuous fella that she made him who is he is. Kelly Rowland and Missy Elliott back Fantasia up on the record’s latter two-thirds. Fantasia’s fourth full-length, Side Effects of Me, is scheduled for release April 23, via RCA Records. Click here to pre-order the LP via iTunes!
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Fantasia’s Steven Gomillion and Dennis Leupold-directed Without Me visual.
Written by richard on 07/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When I See U (Remix) ft. Remy Ma, B.G. & Young Jeezy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)