Former American Idol Fantasia throws a curve with the remix to her urban radio hit, When I See U, by featuring guest rappers who, to say the least, aren’t known for being soft-hearted. Remy Ma, for instance, puts her Conceited attitude (and current attempted murder charges) to the side, rapping about being sprung off a man who has the right stuff for her. B.G., in an equally uncharacteristic fashion (sounding more like his rival Lil Wayne), tells his lady how he feels about her, and promises the glamorous life if she just rolls with him. Even Young Jeezy (who ad libs about it reaching uncharted territory) shows his sensitive street side, and how blessed his woman is to have a hustler as her man. Albeit unusual in almost every way, this remix proves a point; that even the rawest gangstas need love.
Written by Burmy on 07/17/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Even Angels" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.