Former American Idol Fantasia throws a curve with the remix to her urban radio hit, When I See U, by featuring guest rappers who, to say the least, aren’t known for being soft-hearted. Remy Ma, for instance, puts her Conceited attitude (and current attempted murder charges) to the side, rapping about being sprung off a man who has the right stuff for her. B.G., in an equally uncharacteristic fashion (sounding more like his rival Lil Wayne), tells his lady how he feels about her, and promises the glamorous life if she just rolls with him. Even Young Jeezy (who ad libs about it reaching uncharted territory) shows his sensitive street side, and how blessed his woman is to have a hustler as her man. Albeit unusual in almost every way, this remix proves a point; that even the rawest gangstas need love.
Written by Burmy on 07/17/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Even Angels" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.