Former American Idol Fantasia throws a curve with the remix to her urban radio hit, When I See U, by featuring guest rappers who, to say the least, aren’t known for being soft-hearted. Remy Ma, for instance, puts her Conceited attitude (and current attempted murder charges) to the side, rapping about being sprung off a man who has the right stuff for her. B.G., in an equally uncharacteristic fashion (sounding more like his rival Lil Wayne), tells his lady how he feels about her, and promises the glamorous life if she just rolls with him. Even Young Jeezy (who ad libs about it reaching uncharted territory) shows his sensitive street side, and how blessed his woman is to have a hustler as her man. Albeit unusual in almost every way, this remix proves a point; that even the rawest gangstas need love.
Written by Burmy on 07/17/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Even Angels" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.