Former American Idol Fantasia throws a curve with the remix to her urban radio hit, When I See U, by featuring guest rappers who, to say the least, aren’t known for being soft-hearted. Remy Ma, for instance, puts her Conceited attitude (and current attempted murder charges) to the side, rapping about being sprung off a man who has the right stuff for her. B.G., in an equally uncharacteristic fashion (sounding more like his rival Lil Wayne), tells his lady how he feels about her, and promises the glamorous life if she just rolls with him. Even Young Jeezy (who ad libs about it reaching uncharted territory) shows his sensitive street side, and how blessed his woman is to have a hustler as her man. Albeit unusual in almost every way, this remix proves a point; that even the rawest gangstas need love.
Written by Burmy on 07/17/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Even Angels" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.