Former American Idol Fantasia throws a curve with the remix to her urban radio hit, When I See U, by featuring guest rappers who, to say the least, aren’t known for being soft-hearted. Remy Ma, for instance, puts her Conceited attitude (and current attempted murder charges) to the side, rapping about being sprung off a man who has the right stuff for her. B.G., in an equally uncharacteristic fashion (sounding more like his rival Lil Wayne), tells his lady how he feels about her, and promises the glamorous life if she just rolls with him. Even Young Jeezy (who ad libs about it reaching uncharted territory) shows his sensitive street side, and how blessed his woman is to have a hustler as her man. Albeit unusual in almost every way, this remix proves a point; that even the rawest gangstas need love.
Written by Burmy on 07/17/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Even Angels" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.