As TV ratings climb to a new peak (again) for this year’s American Idol fans across the country are eager to see which young hopeful comes out on top this season. With that in mind, I can’t help but wonder if the release of Idol alumnus Fantasia Barrino’s latest single, Even Angels, at the opening of Idol fever is a coincidence. One listen to the track, though, and any speculation takes a backseat to Fantasia’s absolutely beautiful blend of confidence and control as her assertive vocals overlay a wonderfully energetic, piano-laced melody and synth-heavy chorus courtesy of production team The Stereotypes. The track’s driving force, though, comes in the form of its inspiring and cleverly-crafted lyrics that bleed emotion while maintaining clarity: “Every day I’m stronger, I can’t get better if it don’t hurt.” Angels will be featured on Barrino’s currently untitled album, set to drop sometime later this year. In the meantime, fans can catch Fantasia’s performance of Angels on the Oprah show February 3.
Written by Matty K on 02/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When I See U (Remix) ft. Remy Ma, B.G. & Young Jeezy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.