Though the emcee born Ashton Bishop is new to the Booth, one could say that he’s already Famous. Well, all right, the Toronto-based “shoe salesman-turned-rapper” may not be a household name just yet, but with his ambition and diverse skill set, it’s only a matter of time – in addition to playing the lead role in forthcoming short film Goddess Girl, he’s created eight new cuts for the movie’s soundtrack, including newly-released lead single The Declaration. Backed by the soulful, brass-driven boardwork of Burd & Keyz (who produce the entire soundtrack album), Famous spits a triumphant chronicle of his artistic grind, informing all listening that 2010’s going to be his year to shine. With an engaging delivery and energy to spare, Famous seems destined to do big things in the Booth and beyond (as long as he doesn’t lean too heavily on the “I’m Famous!” line). Both Goddess Girl and the soundtrack are set to hit the net Oct. 6; if the artist’s acting measures up to his mic presence, he may well have a blockbuster on his hands!
Written by richard on 09/17/09
Submit your Rating
Wannabe Famous? Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Chick Is Crazy" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.