Though the emcee born Ashton Bishop is new to the Booth, one could say that he’s already Famous. Well, all right, the Toronto-based “shoe salesman-turned-rapper” may not be a household name just yet, but with his ambition and diverse skill set, it’s only a matter of time – in addition to playing the lead role in forthcoming short film Goddess Girl, he’s created eight new cuts for the movie’s soundtrack, including newly-released lead single The Declaration. Backed by the soulful, brass-driven boardwork of Burd & Keyz (who produce the entire soundtrack album), Famous spits a triumphant chronicle of his artistic grind, informing all listening that 2010’s going to be his year to shine. With an engaging delivery and energy to spare, Famous seems destined to do big things in the Booth and beyond (as long as he doesn’t lean too heavily on the “I’m Famous!” line). Both Goddess Girl and the soundtrack are set to hit the net Oct. 6; if the artist’s acting measures up to his mic presence, he may well have a blockbuster on his hands!
Written by richard on 09/17/09
Submit your Rating
Wannabe Famous? Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Chick Is Crazy" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.