Please don’t be confused by the locomotive chuff-chuffs on the intro to Famoso’s new track Underground Railroad; he knows full well that the historical underground railroad had nothing to do with trains. Rather, he is alluding to the figurative train of history on which underground rap has traveled since the mid-‘80s, picking up dozens of legendary emcees along the way. The Brooklyn rapper spends his three verses fondly reminiscing about the past and name-dropping everyone from A.G. to Wu-Tang, creating a track that is not only a tribute to his calling but a fitting example of his craft. The ‘Engine Engine #9’ hook even sounds at home over Midas & Peoples’ mid-‘90s beat. Underground Railroad is featured on his new mixtape, Audio Dope.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/16/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)