Please don’t be confused by the locomotive chuff-chuffs on the intro to Famoso’s new track Underground Railroad; he knows full well that the historical underground railroad had nothing to do with trains. Rather, he is alluding to the figurative train of history on which underground rap has traveled since the mid-‘80s, picking up dozens of legendary emcees along the way. The Brooklyn rapper spends his three verses fondly reminiscing about the past and name-dropping everyone from A.G. to Wu-Tang, creating a track that is not only a tribute to his calling but a fitting example of his craft. The ‘Engine Engine #9’ hook even sounds at home over Midas & Peoples’ mid-‘90s beat. Underground Railroad is featured on his new mixtape, Audio Dope.
Listen to More: Famoso
Written by Charlie E. on 07/16/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.