Please don’t be confused by the locomotive chuff-chuffs on the intro to Famoso’s new track Underground Railroad; he knows full well that the historical underground railroad had nothing to do with trains. Rather, he is alluding to the figurative train of history on which underground rap has traveled since the mid-‘80s, picking up dozens of legendary emcees along the way. The Brooklyn rapper spends his three verses fondly reminiscing about the past and name-dropping everyone from A.G. to Wu-Tang, creating a track that is not only a tribute to his calling but a fitting example of his craft. The ‘Engine Engine #9’ hook even sounds at home over Midas & Peoples’ mid-‘90s beat. Underground Railroad is featured on his new mixtape, Audio Dope.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/16/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.