Please don’t be confused by the locomotive chuff-chuffs on the intro to Famoso’s new track Underground Railroad; he knows full well that the historical underground railroad had nothing to do with trains. Rather, he is alluding to the figurative train of history on which underground rap has traveled since the mid-‘80s, picking up dozens of legendary emcees along the way. The Brooklyn rapper spends his three verses fondly reminiscing about the past and name-dropping everyone from A.G. to Wu-Tang, creating a track that is not only a tribute to his calling but a fitting example of his craft. The ‘Engine Engine #9’ hook even sounds at home over Midas & Peoples’ mid-‘90s beat. Underground Railroad is featured on his new mixtape, Audio Dope.
Listen to More: Famoso
Written by Charlie E. on 07/16/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.