Please don’t be confused by the locomotive chuff-chuffs on the intro to Famoso’s new track Underground Railroad; he knows full well that the historical underground railroad had nothing to do with trains. Rather, he is alluding to the figurative train of history on which underground rap has traveled since the mid-‘80s, picking up dozens of legendary emcees along the way. The Brooklyn rapper spends his three verses fondly reminiscing about the past and name-dropping everyone from A.G. to Wu-Tang, creating a track that is not only a tribute to his calling but a fitting example of his craft. The ‘Engine Engine #9’ hook even sounds at home over Midas & Peoples’ mid-‘90s beat. Underground Railroad is featured on his new mixtape, Audio Dope.
Listen to More: Famoso
Written by Charlie E. on 07/16/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.