Rap and pop-punk are certainly strange bedfellows, but the industry’s neverending quest for crossover appeal means these unlikely but crowd-pleasing collabos are here to stay. Even those who prefer their hip-hop pure, however, are likely to find this remix of Fall Out Boy‘s latest single, America’s Suitehearts a pleasant surprise—tossing out just about everything aside from the original’s chorus, Patrick Stump provides a pared-back, piano-and-drum machine backdrop as three talented emcees relate their own experiences with celebrity to broader issues in the music industry and beyond. Joe Budden kicks things off by revealing his discomfort with the spotlight before ceding the mic to Stay Up (Viagra) emcee/producer 88-Keys, who gives a thought-provoking account of his introduction to the big leagues. L.A.‘s MURS caps the cut off with a verse that sounds like it was spit into a cell phone, but impresses regardless. Folie à Deux, FOB’s fifth studio album, is available now in stores and online.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tiffany Blews ft. Lil Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.