Rap and pop-punk are certainly strange bedfellows, but the industry’s neverending quest for crossover appeal means these unlikely but crowd-pleasing collabos are here to stay. Even those who prefer their hip-hop pure, however, are likely to find this remix of Fall Out Boy‘s latest single, America’s Suitehearts a pleasant surprise—tossing out just about everything aside from the original’s chorus, Patrick Stump provides a pared-back, piano-and-drum machine backdrop as three talented emcees relate their own experiences with celebrity to broader issues in the music industry and beyond. Joe Budden kicks things off by revealing his discomfort with the spotlight before ceding the mic to Stay Up (Viagra) emcee/producer 88-Keys, who gives a thought-provoking account of his introduction to the big leagues. L.A.‘s MURS caps the cut off with a verse that sounds like it was spit into a cell phone, but impresses regardless. Folie à Deux, FOB’s fifth studio album, is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 03/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tiffany Blews ft. Lil Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.