Rap and pop-punk are certainly strange bedfellows, but the industry’s neverending quest for crossover appeal means these unlikely but crowd-pleasing collabos are here to stay. Even those who prefer their hip-hop pure, however, are likely to find this remix of Fall Out Boy‘s latest single, America’s Suitehearts a pleasant surprise—tossing out just about everything aside from the original’s chorus, Patrick Stump provides a pared-back, piano-and-drum machine backdrop as three talented emcees relate their own experiences with celebrity to broader issues in the music industry and beyond. Joe Budden kicks things off by revealing his discomfort with the spotlight before ceding the mic to Stay Up (Viagra) emcee/producer 88-Keys, who gives a thought-provoking account of his introduction to the big leagues. L.A.‘s MURS caps the cut off with a verse that sounds like it was spit into a cell phone, but impresses regardless. Folie à Deux, FOB’s fifth studio album, is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 03/30/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tiffany Blews ft. Lil Wayne" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)