While Faith Evans may forever be best known as Biggie’s wife, the siren-haired singer has been making a name for herself in the R&B game for years, so it’s fitting that her new single Gone Already has a real timeless feel. Coming off the relative success of her last offering to the Booth, Way You Move, Gone Already finds Faith recruiting producers Carvin & Ivan to craft a piano driven ballad that kicks into an extra gear on the choruses thanks to a drum-heavy and guitar laced underpinning. As quality as the beat is, however, it’s really just the stage for Evans to deliver her heartbroken but strong vocals about a love that, truth be told, faded years ago. Gone Already, like the voice of the woman who sings it, may not blow you away, but there aren’t nearly enough singers as good as Evans for you to sleep on this track. Expect more relationship-based R&B when Faith’s upcoming album Something About Faith, hits stores on October 5.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Fly (Remix) ft. Faith Evans & Big Boi" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.