While Faith Evans may forever be best known as Biggie’s wife, the siren-haired singer has been making a name for herself in the R&B game for years, so it’s fitting that her new single Gone Already has a real timeless feel. Coming off the relative success of her last offering to the Booth, Way You Move, Gone Already finds Faith recruiting producers Carvin & Ivan to craft a piano driven ballad that kicks into an extra gear on the choruses thanks to a drum-heavy and guitar laced underpinning. As quality as the beat is, however, it’s really just the stage for Evans to deliver her heartbroken but strong vocals about a love that, truth be told, faded years ago. Gone Already, like the voice of the woman who sings it, may not blow you away, but there aren’t nearly enough singers as good as Evans for you to sleep on this track. Expect more relationship-based R&B when Faith’s upcoming album Something About Faith, hits stores on October 5.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Fly (Remix) ft. Faith Evans & Big Boi" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.