While Faith Evans may forever be best known as Biggie’s wife, the siren-haired singer has been making a name for herself in the R&B game for years, so it’s fitting that her new single Gone Already has a real timeless feel. Coming off the relative success of her last offering to the Booth, Way You Move, Gone Already finds Faith recruiting producers Carvin & Ivan to craft a piano driven ballad that kicks into an extra gear on the choruses thanks to a drum-heavy and guitar laced underpinning. As quality as the beat is, however, it’s really just the stage for Evans to deliver her heartbroken but strong vocals about a love that, truth be told, faded years ago. Gone Already, like the voice of the woman who sings it, may not blow you away, but there aren’t nearly enough singers as good as Evans for you to sleep on this track. Expect more relationship-based R&B when Faith’s upcoming album Something About Faith, hits stores on October 5.
Listen to More: Faith Evans Written by Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Fly (Remix) ft. Faith Evans & Big Boi" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.