Vice City Nights, the 2012 debut EP from East Coast emcee Emilio Lopez and Barcelona producer RJBeats, was such a success that the duo have taken their collaborative relationship to the next level, officially joining forces to become Faceless Kings. To mark the latest chapter in their partnership, they’ve liberated a double single comprising Too Late and today’s feature, Frontlines. Here, RJ’s grimy chopped-sample production bangs in the back as Lopez compares his daily hustle to a soldier’s tour of duty. On the hook, Spanish DMC champion DJ Swet flips a thematically-appropriate couplet from Gang Starr’s You Know My Steez: “I travel through the darkness carrying my torch / The illest soldier when I’m holding down the fort.” While this joint won’t be part of the project, those feeling it should stay tuned for details on the Faceless Kings’ forthcoming debut full-length, which is currently untitled and unscheduled.
Written by richard on 05/29/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.