Vice City Nights, the 2012 debut EP from East Coast emcee Emilio Lopez and Barcelona producer RJBeats, was such a success that the duo have taken their collaborative relationship to the next level, officially joining forces to become Faceless Kings. To mark the latest chapter in their partnership, they’ve liberated a double single comprising Too Late and today’s feature, Frontlines. Here, RJ’s grimy chopped-sample production bangs in the back as Lopez compares his daily hustle to a soldier’s tour of duty. On the hook, Spanish DMC champion DJ Swet flips a thematically-appropriate couplet from Gang Starr’s You Know My Steez: “I travel through the darkness carrying my torch / The illest soldier when I’m holding down the fort.” While this joint won’t be part of the project, those feeling it should stay tuned for details on the Faceless Kings’ forthcoming debut full-length, which is currently untitled and unscheduled.
Written by richard on 05/29/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.