Vice City Nights, the 2012 debut EP from East Coast emcee Emilio Lopez and Barcelona producer RJBeats, was such a success that the duo have taken their collaborative relationship to the next level, officially joining forces to become Faceless Kings. To mark the latest chapter in their partnership, they’ve liberated a double single comprising Too Late and today’s feature, Frontlines. Here, RJ’s grimy chopped-sample production bangs in the back as Lopez compares his daily hustle to a soldier’s tour of duty. On the hook, Spanish DMC champion DJ Swet flips a thematically-appropriate couplet from Gang Starr’s You Know My Steez: “I travel through the darkness carrying my torch / The illest soldier when I’m holding down the fort.” While this joint won’t be part of the project, those feeling it should stay tuned for details on the Faceless Kings’ forthcoming debut full-length, which is currently untitled and unscheduled.
Written by richard on 05/29/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.