Vice City Nights, the 2012 debut EP from East Coast emcee Emilio Lopez and Barcelona producer RJBeats, was such a success that the duo have taken their collaborative relationship to the next level, officially joining forces to become Faceless Kings. To mark the latest chapter in their partnership, they’ve liberated a double single comprising Too Late and today’s feature, Frontlines. Here, RJ’s grimy chopped-sample production bangs in the back as Lopez compares his daily hustle to a soldier’s tour of duty. On the hook, Spanish DMC champion DJ Swet flips a thematically-appropriate couplet from Gang Starr’s You Know My Steez: “I travel through the darkness carrying my torch / The illest soldier when I’m holding down the fort.” While this joint won’t be part of the project, those feeling it should stay tuned for details on the Faceless Kings’ forthcoming debut full-length, which is currently untitled and unscheduled.
Written by richard on 05/29/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.