While Fabolous’ last album Loso’s Way received mixed reviews, Loso’s just-released mixtape There Is No Competition 2: The Funeral Service was widely hailed as a killer, so the man decided to pull a Drake and re-release the project as an EP, now called There is No Competition 2: The Grieving Music, complete with a handful of new joints. The first of the brand new batch is Lights Out (I Don’t See Nobody), a banger that will definitely get you hyped in your car or the club. Produced by Lex Luger, whose beats are all starting to sound the same to me (see Blowin’ Money Fast), Lights Out frankly doesn’t find Loso at his best lyrically. While Fab gets in a few jabs, cheesy lines like “You couldn’t find me in the day time with a flashlight” would only be clever coming from a boy band like B5, not the best punchline rapper in the game. Still, with a speaker-blowing beat and a well-placed Jay-Z sample, I’m sure I will be hearing this song bumping in systems everywhere well after The Grieving Music drops on August 24.
Listen to More: Fabolous Written by JRTheWriter
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You ft. Jagged Edge & Fabolous" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.