While Fabolous’ last album Loso’s Way received mixed reviews, Loso’s just-released mixtape There Is No Competition 2: The Funeral Service was widely hailed as a killer, so the man decided to pull a Drake and re-release the project as an EP, now called There is No Competition 2: The Grieving Music, complete with a handful of new joints. The first of the brand new batch is Lights Out (I Don’t See Nobody), a banger that will definitely get you hyped in your car or the club. Produced by Lex Luger, whose beats are all starting to sound the same to me (see Blowin’ Money Fast), Lights Out frankly doesn’t find Loso at his best lyrically. While Fab gets in a few jabs, cheesy lines like “You couldn’t find me in the day time with a flashlight” would only be clever coming from a boy band like B5, not the best punchline rapper in the game. Still, with a speaker-blowing beat and a well-placed Jay-Z sample, I’m sure I will be hearing this song bumping in systems everywhere well after The Grieving Music drops on August 24.
Listen to More: Fabolous
Written by JRTheWriter on 07/22/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You ft. Jagged Edge & Fabolous" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)