Ever since he first hit the scene, Fabolous has maintained a masterful balance between street-oriented jams (see Can’t Deny It, Young’n, Breathe, and Diamonds) and rap ballads (see Can’t Let You Go, Into You, Make Me Better, Baby Don’t Go), keeping the two styles largely separate—until now. On the first single off his upcoming fifth album, Loso’s Way, Fabolous admits that when he goes shopping, he doesn’t look at price tags; if he sees something he wants to buy, he’s just going to Throw It In The Bag. His girl is, of course, welcome to come along and help him spend those stacks—recession be damned! Since The-Dream‘s his Def Jam labelmate, he likely offered up the guest hook (and Tricky Stewart‘s instrumental) for a bargain. Even so, the hit potential that Throw It In The Bag brings to the table is worth every penny! Hopefully, fans be willing to spend a few bucks on Loso’s Way when it drops this summer.
Written by Burmy on 03/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)