Ever since he first hit the scene, Fabolous has maintained a masterful balance between street-oriented jams (see Can’t Deny It, Young’n, Breathe, and Diamonds) and rap ballads (see Can’t Let You Go, Into You, Make Me Better, Baby Don’t Go), keeping the two styles largely separate—until now. On the first single off his upcoming fifth album, Loso’s Way, Fabolous admits that when he goes shopping, he doesn’t look at price tags; if he sees something he wants to buy, he’s just going to Throw It In The Bag. His girl is, of course, welcome to come along and help him spend those stacks—recession be damned! Since The-Dream‘s his Def Jam labelmate, he likely offered up the guest hook (and Tricky Stewart‘s instrumental) for a bargain. Even so, the hit potential that Throw It In The Bag brings to the table is worth every penny! Hopefully, fans be willing to spend a few bucks on Loso’s Way when it drops this summer.
Written by Burmy on 03/17/09
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.