Ever since he first hit the scene, Fabolous has maintained a masterful balance between street-oriented jams (see Can’t Deny It, Young’n, Breathe, and Diamonds) and rap ballads (see Can’t Let You Go, Into You, Make Me Better, Baby Don’t Go), keeping the two styles largely separate—until now. On the first single off his upcoming fifth album, Loso’s Way, Fabolous admits that when he goes shopping, he doesn’t look at price tags; if he sees something he wants to buy, he’s just going to Throw It In The Bag. His girl is, of course, welcome to come along and help him spend those stacks—recession be damned! Since The-Dream‘s his Def Jam labelmate, he likely offered up the guest hook (and Tricky Stewart‘s instrumental) for a bargain. Even so, the hit potential that Throw It In The Bag brings to the table is worth every penny! Hopefully, fans be willing to spend a few bucks on Loso’s Way when it drops this summer.
Written by Burmy on 03/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.