Remember that one kid in middle school that everyone always picked on? You know, the guy who was smaller than everyone else and was frequently targeted by his bigger classmates for his lunch money? I wouldn’t imagine any of the male DJBooth readership were ever that guy in school, and I can tell you for sure that Fabolous didn’t fall into that category; as the rapper explains on Everything Everyday Everywhere, a potential future single off his forthcoming Loso’s Way LP (due out on the 28th) he’s all about doing things his own way, and he’s perfectly confident that everyone will love him for it. Spitting characteristically lazy braggadocio over Ryan Leslie‘s hazy, phase-shifted synth arpeggios, Fabo showcases a self-assured style so persuasive that Keri Hilson is moved to sing his praises on the hook. If Fabolous sounds like a guy you’d like to get to know better (and who wouldn’t?), you’re in luck—we’re currently accepting reader-suggested questions for his forthcoming interview with DJ Z!
Written by Dr. D on 07/12/09
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.