Remember that one kid in middle school that everyone always picked on? You know, the guy who was smaller than everyone else and was frequently targeted by his bigger classmates for his lunch money? I wouldn’t imagine any of the male DJBooth readership were ever that guy in school, and I can tell you for sure that Fabolous didn’t fall into that category; as the rapper explains on Everything Everyday Everywhere, a potential future single off his forthcoming Loso’s Way LP (due out on the 28th) he’s all about doing things his own way, and he’s perfectly confident that everyone will love him for it. Spitting characteristically lazy braggadocio over Ryan Leslie‘s hazy, phase-shifted synth arpeggios, Fabo showcases a self-assured style so persuasive that Keri Hilson is moved to sing his praises on the hook. If Fabolous sounds like a guy you’d like to get to know better (and who wouldn’t?), you’re in luck—we’re currently accepting reader-suggested questions for his forthcoming interview with DJ Z!
Written by Dr. D on 07/12/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You ft. Jagged Edge & Fabolous" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.