Remember that one kid in middle school that everyone always picked on? You know, the guy who was smaller than everyone else and was frequently targeted by his bigger classmates for his lunch money? I wouldn’t imagine any of the male DJBooth readership were ever that guy in school, and I can tell you for sure that Fabolous didn’t fall into that category; as the rapper explains on Everything Everyday Everywhere, a potential future single off his forthcoming Loso’s Way LP (due out on the 28th) he’s all about doing things his own way, and he’s perfectly confident that everyone will love him for it. Spitting characteristically lazy braggadocio over Ryan Leslie‘s hazy, phase-shifted synth arpeggios, Fabo showcases a self-assured style so persuasive that Keri Hilson is moved to sing his praises on the hook. If Fabolous sounds like a guy you’d like to get to know better (and who wouldn’t?), you’re in luck—we’re currently accepting reader-suggested questions for his forthcoming interview with DJ Z!
Written by Dr. D on 07/12/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You ft. Jagged Edge & Fabolous" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.