Though mainstream hip-hop tends to pigeonhole its artists, one rapper has both sides of the genre on lock—with dual lead singles Throw It In The Bag and It’s My Time (as well as upcoming follow-up Everything Everyday Everywhere), Fabolous proved once again that he can cater to the club and the streets with equal ease. This past Monday afternoon, NYC’s DJ Envy premiered the official remix. Far from your usual “add-a-guest-verse-and-call-it-a-day,” remix, this version features a revamped hook and brand new production by Shatek (who samples original collaborator The-Dream‘s Fancy), as well as some guest bars from a similar-sounding MC who happens to have the #1 hip-hop song in the country right now—in his guest bars, Booth (and female) favorite Drake assures his girl that he can provide everything her heart desires. Loso’s Way is scheduled to arrive in stores and online on the 28th; remember to tune in for Nathan S.‘s review, which will hit our front page soon after the album’s release.
Written by Burmy on 07/21/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You ft. Jagged Edge & Fabolous" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.