Though mainstream hip-hop tends to pigeonhole its artists, one rapper has both sides of the genre on lock—with dual lead singles Throw It In The Bag and It’s My Time (as well as upcoming follow-up Everything Everyday Everywhere), Fabolous proved once again that he can cater to the club and the streets with equal ease. This past Monday afternoon, NYC’s DJ Envy premiered the official remix. Far from your usual “add-a-guest-verse-and-call-it-a-day,” remix, this version features a revamped hook and brand new production by Shatek (who samples original collaborator The-Dream‘s Fancy), as well as some guest bars from a similar-sounding MC who happens to have the #1 hip-hop song in the country right now—in his guest bars, Booth (and female) favorite Drake assures his girl that he can provide everything her heart desires. Loso’s Way is scheduled to arrive in stores and online on the 28th; remember to tune in for Nathan S.‘s review, which will hit our front page soon after the album’s release.
Written by Burmy on 07/21/09
Submit your Rating
Def Jam Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.