Though mainstream hip-hop tends to pigeonhole its artists, one rapper has both sides of the genre on lock—with dual lead singles Throw It In The Bag and It’s My Time (as well as upcoming follow-up Everything Everyday Everywhere), Fabolous proved once again that he can cater to the club and the streets with equal ease. This past Monday afternoon, NYC’s DJ Envy premiered the official remix. Far from your usual “add-a-guest-verse-and-call-it-a-day,” remix, this version features a revamped hook and brand new production by Shatek (who samples original collaborator The-Dream‘s Fancy), as well as some guest bars from a similar-sounding MC who happens to have the #1 hip-hop song in the country right now—in his guest bars, Booth (and female) favorite Drake assures his girl that he can provide everything her heart desires. Loso’s Way is scheduled to arrive in stores and online on the 28th; remember to tune in for Nathan S.‘s review, which will hit our front page soon after the album’s release.
Written by Burmy on 07/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.