No rapper has confused and frustrated hardcore hip-hop heads over the last few years more than Fabolous. On one hand, his mic skills are undeniable; he’s unarguably got the best punchlines in the game. On the other, Fabolous hasn’t exactly been shy about saying he’s in it for the paper first and the love second, a philosophy that’s never been more explicit than on his new mixtape joint For the Money. On Money Loso takes the hypnotically catchy, piano-driven Bangladesh beat first heard on Gucci’s Lemonade and flips it into an ode to the joys of watching the women come calling as your bank account swells, a sentiment that the always controversial Nicki Minaj enthusiastically co-signs. In the end though, as always, For the Money’s all about Loso’s punchlines: “Hair stay did like she live in a salon / her and money go hand in hand, yeah like a baton.” For more lyricism-meets-money hip-hop, be sure to check out Loso’s latest DJ Drama-affiliated mixtape, The Funeral Service (There is No Competition 2).
Written by Nathan S. on 03/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You ft. Jagged Edge & Fabolous" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.