No rapper has confused and frustrated hardcore hip-hop heads over the last few years more than Fabolous. On one hand, his mic skills are undeniable; he’s unarguably got the best punchlines in the game. On the other, Fabolous hasn’t exactly been shy about saying he’s in it for the paper first and the love second, a philosophy that’s never been more explicit than on his new mixtape joint For the Money. On Money Loso takes the hypnotically catchy, piano-driven Bangladesh beat first heard on Gucci’s Lemonade and flips it into an ode to the joys of watching the women come calling as your bank account swells, a sentiment that the always controversial Nicki Minaj enthusiastically co-signs. In the end though, as always, For the Money’s all about Loso’s punchlines: “Hair stay did like she live in a salon / her and money go hand in hand, yeah like a baton.” For more lyricism-meets-money hip-hop, be sure to check out Loso’s latest DJ Drama-affiliated mixtape, The Funeral Service (There is No Competition 2).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You ft. Jagged Edge & Fabolous" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!