No rapper has confused and frustrated hardcore hip-hop heads over the last few years more than Fabolous. On one hand, his mic skills are undeniable; he’s unarguably got the best punchlines in the game. On the other, Fabolous hasn’t exactly been shy about saying he’s in it for the paper first and the love second, a philosophy that’s never been more explicit than on his new mixtape joint For the Money. On Money Loso takes the hypnotically catchy, piano-driven Bangladesh beat first heard on Gucci’s Lemonade and flips it into an ode to the joys of watching the women come calling as your bank account swells, a sentiment that the always controversial Nicki Minaj enthusiastically co-signs. In the end though, as always, For the Money’s all about Loso’s punchlines: “Hair stay did like she live in a salon / her and money go hand in hand, yeah like a baton.” For more lyricism-meets-money hip-hop, be sure to check out Loso’s latest DJ Drama-affiliated mixtape, The Funeral Service (There is No Competition 2).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You ft. Jagged Edge & Fabolous" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.