No rapper has confused and frustrated hardcore hip-hop heads over the last few years more than Fabolous. On one hand, his mic skills are undeniable; he’s unarguably got the best punchlines in the game. On the other, Fabolous hasn’t exactly been shy about saying he’s in it for the paper first and the love second, a philosophy that’s never been more explicit than on his new mixtape joint For the Money. On Money Loso takes the hypnotically catchy, piano-driven Bangladesh beat first heard on Gucci’s Lemonade and flips it into an ode to the joys of watching the women come calling as your bank account swells, a sentiment that the always controversial Nicki Minaj enthusiastically co-signs. In the end though, as always, For the Money’s all about Loso’s punchlines: “Hair stay did like she live in a salon / her and money go hand in hand, yeah like a baton.” For more lyricism-meets-money hip-hop, be sure to check out Loso’s latest DJ Drama-affiliated mixtape, The Funeral Service (There is No Competition 2).
Written by Nathan S. on 03/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.