No rapper has confused and frustrated hardcore hip-hop heads over the last few years more than Fabolous. On one hand, his mic skills are undeniable; he’s unarguably got the best punchlines in the game. On the other, Fabolous hasn’t exactly been shy about saying he’s in it for the paper first and the love second, a philosophy that’s never been more explicit than on his new mixtape joint For the Money. On Money Loso takes the hypnotically catchy, piano-driven Bangladesh beat first heard on Gucci’s Lemonade and flips it into an ode to the joys of watching the women come calling as your bank account swells, a sentiment that the always controversial Nicki Minaj enthusiastically co-signs. In the end though, as always, For the Money’s all about Loso’s punchlines: “Hair stay did like she live in a salon / her and money go hand in hand, yeah like a baton.” For more lyricism-meets-money hip-hop, be sure to check out Loso’s latest DJ Drama-affiliated mixtape, The Funeral Service (There is No Competition 2).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Really Wanna Know You ft. Jagged Edge & Fabolous" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.