As someone with deep roots in Southside Chicago—his grandfather relocated there from Arkansas in 1954—F.Stokes has both a profound love for the Windy City, and a sharp sense of the strife which his ‘hood has come to epitomize in recent years. His forthcoming full-length, Fearless Beauty, is an attempt to encompass these complex and conflicting emotions. On the project’s latest single, making its world premiere on our front page, the emcee delves into his autobiography, juxtaposing his own global hustle with his family’s struggles back home. Beatsmith Paper Tiger provides a fittingly expansive, string-laced backdrop for his bars. Stokes’ next album is slated to drop digitally on Monday, June 17. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked to the Booth for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 05/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.