As someone with deep roots in Southside Chicago—his grandfather relocated there from Arkansas in 1954—F.Stokes has both a profound love for the Windy City, and a sharp sense of the strife which his ‘hood has come to epitomize in recent years. His forthcoming full-length, Fearless Beauty, is an attempt to encompass these complex and conflicting emotions. On the project’s latest single, making its world premiere on our front page, the emcee delves into his autobiography, juxtaposing his own global hustle with his family’s struggles back home. Beatsmith Paper Tiger provides a fittingly expansive, string-laced backdrop for his bars. Stokes’ next album is slated to drop digitally on Monday, June 17. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked to the Booth for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 05/23/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.