While using a positive superlative as the title of a record has proven a successful strategy in the Booth (see Thrill Da Player‘s recently-featured Awesome), understatement can also be an effective way to get into readers’ good graces. For his first feature and latest single, F-Dot (not to be confused with M-Dot) takes the latter route, giving his cut the modest title “Okay.” Click “play,” however, and you’ll quickly find out you’ve been tricked – in point of fact, the record’s freshness level is substantially above average. With The T.R.O.N.‘s funky, bass/synth-driven boardwork bumping in the background, the Houston hopeful outlines his plans become a hip-hop superstar without ever losing sight of what really matters – after all, “Happiness is achieved in elevation of being, it’s not in the pocket of $600 jeans.” This Lone Star State native’s clearly got the right attitude, and his skills can’t be denied; what do you think, Booth readers? Those hungry for more will be able to dig into Check It Out!: With F Dot along with your turkey dinners this Thanksgiving, November 25.
Written by richard on 08/10/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.