While using a positive superlative as the title of a record has proven a successful strategy in the Booth (see Thrill Da Player‘s recently-featured Awesome), understatement can also be an effective way to get into readers’ good graces. For his first feature and latest single, F-Dot (not to be confused with M-Dot) takes the latter route, giving his cut the modest title “Okay.” Click “play,” however, and you’ll quickly find out you’ve been tricked – in point of fact, the record’s freshness level is substantially above average. With The T.R.O.N.‘s funky, bass/synth-driven boardwork bumping in the background, the Houston hopeful outlines his plans become a hip-hop superstar without ever losing sight of what really matters – after all, “Happiness is achieved in elevation of being, it’s not in the pocket of $600 jeans.” This Lone Star State native’s clearly got the right attitude, and his skills can’t be denied; what do you think, Booth readers? Those hungry for more will be able to dig into Check It Out!: With F Dot along with your turkey dinners this Thanksgiving, November 25.
Listen to More: F Dot
Written by richard on 08/10/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.