Like most other emcees, Maryland up-and-comer Ezko is out to get his Piece of the P.I.E. For him, however, the baked dessert is not a metaphor for money and power, but an acronym for his true goal: “Peace in Existence.” On this freshly-minted promo single, the rhymesayer acknowledges that his quest for material comforts has brought him as much pain and suffering as it has pleasure (“Lord help me, I’m slowly losin’ myself / to the love of drugs, liquor, women and wealth.”), and pledges to find satisfaction by pursuing excellence on the mic. Esta provides a jazzy, sampled backdrop for the emcee’s contemplative bars. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest on Ezko’s next project, the currently unscheduled Coming of Age LP.
Update: We have added the Shaheer Lanier-directed and animated visuals for Ezko’s Piece of the P.I.E single.
Written by richard on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.