Like most other emcees, Maryland up-and-comer Ezko is out to get his Piece of the P.I.E. For him, however, the baked dessert is not a metaphor for money and power, but an acronym for his true goal: “Peace in Existence.” On this freshly-minted promo single, the rhymesayer acknowledges that his quest for material comforts has brought him as much pain and suffering as it has pleasure (“Lord help me, I’m slowly losin’ myself / to the love of drugs, liquor, women and wealth.”), and pledges to find satisfaction by pursuing excellence on the mic. Esta provides a jazzy, sampled backdrop for the emcee’s contemplative bars. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest on Ezko’s next project, the currently unscheduled Coming of Age LP.
Update: We have added the Shaheer Lanier-directed and animated visuals for Ezko’s Piece of the P.I.E single.
Written by richard on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.