Like most other emcees, Maryland up-and-comer Ezko is out to get his Piece of the P.I.E. For him, however, the baked dessert is not a metaphor for money and power, but an acronym for his true goal: “Peace in Existence.” On this freshly-minted promo single, the rhymesayer acknowledges that his quest for material comforts has brought him as much pain and suffering as it has pleasure (“Lord help me, I’m slowly losin’ myself / to the love of drugs, liquor, women and wealth.”), and pledges to find satisfaction by pursuing excellence on the mic. Esta provides a jazzy, sampled backdrop for the emcee’s contemplative bars. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest on Ezko’s next project, the currently unscheduled Coming of Age LP.
Update: We have added the Shaheer Lanier-directed and animated visuals for Ezko’s Piece of the P.I.E single.
Written by richard on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.