Like most other emcees, Maryland up-and-comer Ezko is out to get his Piece of the P.I.E. For him, however, the baked dessert is not a metaphor for money and power, but an acronym for his true goal: “Peace in Existence.” On this freshly-minted promo single, the rhymesayer acknowledges that his quest for material comforts has brought him as much pain and suffering as it has pleasure (“Lord help me, I’m slowly losin’ myself / to the love of drugs, liquor, women and wealth.”), and pledges to find satisfaction by pursuing excellence on the mic. Esta provides a jazzy, sampled backdrop for the emcee’s contemplative bars. This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can keep their browsers locked for the latest on Ezko’s next project, the currently unscheduled Coming of Age LP.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!