Nelson Mandela may have ended Apartheid in South Africa with his election as the country’s first black head of state, but the effects of segregation continue to damage the country’s youth. Just ask Eyezon, who has risen above horrors of his environment, using his country’s racial divide and the harm it has inflicted on the people of South Africa as subject matter for his music. His new single, Lord Hold Me, is a flashback to his early days and the tough times he experienced. Producer Sean Lane mixes a heartfelt soul sample with a staid drum kick to back up Eyezon’s plea to the heavens. This poignant tune will be found on the emcee’s new album, A People Like Us, in stores January 27, 2009.
Listen to More: Eyezon
Written by Carly on 09/11/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.