A song titled Peace might be most closely associated with a flower-power, Kumbaya-like cut, but Express’ Peace packs some serious punch. While the H-Town native might be known for his crusin’ meets swangin’ sound, here he chooses a rock-inspired Chris Rockaway instrumental, which hosts a face-melting guitar riff and some frenzied drumming. Together with guest Envy, Express gives the non-traditional track a hip-hop spin thanks to a gritty flow that matches the intensity and edginess of the beat. Express’ Higher Learning mixtape is due out later this month, but in the mean time you can stream his last Booth feature, Knock It Down.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.