If there were any doubt as to why West Coast fast-riser and freestyle alum Fashawn chose to work with Exile exclusively on both his first and (forthcoming) second studio albums, the latter’s latest promo single should clear things up once and for all. Not only do the Cali neighbors have undeniable artistic chemistry but, judging by the newly-released Oh Word (Keep on Rising), they also have one hell of a time when they get together. Continuing in the off-the-wall vein of Blu-assisted single When Nothing’s Left, this joint finds Exile setting a light-hearted mood behind the boards, looping a bouncy guitar/percussion sample as he and his professional colleague/smoking buddy showcase their knack for blunted badinage. While their vocal interplay gives rise to too many quotable lines to, well, quote, the highlight for yours truly was hearing the headliner coin the portmanteau, “Kool Quiche.” (To be fair, I’m a fan of just about anything that combines food and rap). Though Oh Word doesn’t appear on the set, those digging it are sure to find more to their liking on Exile’s solo debut, 4TRK Mind, out now in stores and online. Fans can look forward to a new video off the project, Klepto, in the near future.
Written by richard on 02/6/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.