Since last we saw them, the duo formerly known as Colorblind have undergone a few changes. Now collectively known as Evident, members Willie Wheat (the R&B singer) and P3 (the rapper) have signed to Houston-based record label Latium Records (currently home to Rob G and former home to Dallas Blocker). Hoping to remedy the situation described in local (and Booth-acclaimed) hit The Break Up Song, the Corpus Christi duo head to the club in search of a Single Girl. While both members deliver appealing vocals, much of this cut’s hit potential can be credited to songwriter Rico Love (Boyfriend #2) and #1 producer Jim Jonsin (Lollipop, Whatever U Like, Kiss Me Thru The Phone). With the buzz this record is bound to create, it should only be a matter of time before major distribution takes notice. (If I were a betting man, I’d put my money on Universal Republic).
Written by Burmy on 05/13/09
Submit your Rating
Evident Music Group/Latium Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Break Up Song" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.