Since last we saw them, the duo formerly known as Colorblind have undergone a few changes. Now collectively known as Evident, members Willie Wheat (the R&B singer) and P3 (the rapper) have signed to Houston-based record label Latium Records (currently home to Rob G and former home to Dallas Blocker). Hoping to remedy the situation described in local (and Booth-acclaimed) hit The Break Up Song, the Corpus Christi duo head to the club in search of a Single Girl. While both members deliver appealing vocals, much of this cut’s hit potential can be credited to songwriter Rico Love (Boyfriend #2) and #1 producer Jim Jonsin (Lollipop, Whatever U Like, Kiss Me Thru The Phone). With the buzz this record is bound to create, it should only be a matter of time before major distribution takes notice. (If I were a betting man, I’d put my money on Universal Republic).
Written by Burmy on 05/13/09
Submit your Rating
Evident Music Group/Latium Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Break Up Song" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.