Since last we saw them, the duo formerly known as Colorblind have undergone a few changes. Now collectively known as Evident, members Willie Wheat (the R&B singer) and P3 (the rapper) have signed to Houston-based record label Latium Records (currently home to Rob G and former home to Dallas Blocker). Hoping to remedy the situation described in local (and Booth-acclaimed) hit The Break Up Song, the Corpus Christi duo head to the club in search of a Single Girl. While both members deliver appealing vocals, much of this cut’s hit potential can be credited to songwriter Rico Love (Boyfriend #2) and #1 producer Jim Jonsin (Lollipop, Whatever U Like, Kiss Me Thru The Phone). With the buzz this record is bound to create, it should only be a matter of time before major distribution takes notice. (If I were a betting man, I’d put my money on Universal Republic).
Written by Burmy on 05/13/09
Evident Music Group/Latium Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Break Up Song" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.