Since last we saw them, the duo formerly known as Colorblind have undergone a few changes. Now collectively known as Evident, members Willie Wheat (the R&B singer) and P3 (the rapper) have signed to Houston-based record label Latium Records (currently home to Rob G and former home to Dallas Blocker). Hoping to remedy the situation described in local (and Booth-acclaimed) hit The Break Up Song, the Corpus Christi duo head to the club in search of a Single Girl. While both members deliver appealing vocals, much of this cut’s hit potential can be credited to songwriter Rico Love (Boyfriend #2) and #1 producer Jim Jonsin (Lollipop, Whatever U Like, Kiss Me Thru The Phone). With the buzz this record is bound to create, it should only be a matter of time before major distribution takes notice. (If I were a betting man, I’d put my money on Universal Republic).
Written by Burmy on 05/13/09
Submit your Rating
Evident Music Group/Latium Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Break Up Song" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.