Since last we saw them, the duo formerly known as Colorblind have undergone a few changes. Now collectively known as Evident, members Willie Wheat (the R&B singer) and P3 (the rapper) have signed to Houston-based record label Latium Records (currently home to Rob G and former home to Dallas Blocker). Hoping to remedy the situation described in local (and Booth-acclaimed) hit The Break Up Song, the Corpus Christi duo head to the club in search of a Single Girl. While both members deliver appealing vocals, much of this cut’s hit potential can be credited to songwriter Rico Love (Boyfriend #2) and #1 producer Jim Jonsin (Lollipop, Whatever U Like, Kiss Me Thru The Phone). With the buzz this record is bound to create, it should only be a matter of time before major distribution takes notice. (If I were a betting man, I’d put my money on Universal Republic).
Written by Burmy on 05/13/09
Submit your Rating
Evident Music Group/Latium Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Break Up Song" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.