Who’s the one that’s writing a review of the new Evidence single? Me. And who’s the one that’s about to listen to the new Evidence single? That’d be You. I mean, unless you refrain from clicking “play” just to prove me wrong—but is it really worth passing up a record as dope as this DJ Premier-produced banger? Manning the boards in addition to starring in the cut’s radio-show intro, Primo flips Mavis Staples’ cover of Sam Cooke’s classic love ballad, You Send Me, into a bass-bumping backdrop for the Dilated Peoples emcee’s scorching bars. In verses that drip wiith self-assured swagger, the Los Angles mainstay informs his rivals that the top spot is occupied—and he doesn’t neglect to lord his place of prominence over the competition: “One’s a lonely number, two’s the first loser / So how the f*ck can you win? Become a drug abuser / Slappin’ these beats, I’m no snoozer / Six million ways to die, go ahead and choose one.” So readers, does this bold and arrogant banger leave you fiending for more? You’re in luck—while Rhymesayers plans to release Cats & Dogs on September 27, fans can get a taste of the project (which will ultimately be available for purchase in the Booth) via the DJ Babu-mixed album sampler, available here for free streaming.
Written by richard on 09/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Yourself Go (Remix) ft. Phonte" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.