Though Evidence was recently heard flowing alongside fellow Dilated Peoples member (Dilated Person?) Rakaa Iriscience on single Aces High, it’s been more than a year since the Cali mainstay stepped into the Booth with a solo feature. Now signed to Minne-ap’s own Rhymesayers Ent, the emcee’s back to give listeners the first taste of his forthcoming full-length with To Be Continued…, a single previously leaked to the ‘net by DJ Premier but presented here in its finished form. Over Sid Roams’ gritty, brass-driven instrumental (complete with cuts by DJ Revolution), Evidence launches into a pure, no-holds-barred display of lyrical prowess, boasting about his mic skills, his weed-smuggling abilities and, of course, his female appeal: “I don’t just rap, I body ladies in one line / talkin’ slick to three chicks on text at one time.” Has this old-school banger left you craving more? If you just can’t wait to hear what else Evidence has to offer, keep it locked for the latest on his Cats & Dogs LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date. In the meantime, why not take the edge off by checking out this cut’s official video?
Written by richard on 08/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Yourself Go (Remix) ft. Phonte" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.