Though Evidence was recently heard flowing alongside fellow Dilated Peoples member (Dilated Person?) Rakaa Iriscience on single Aces High, it’s been more than a year since the Cali mainstay stepped into the Booth with a solo feature. Now signed to Minne-ap’s own Rhymesayers Ent, the emcee’s back to give listeners the first taste of his forthcoming full-length with To Be Continued…, a single previously leaked to the ‘net by DJ Premier but presented here in its finished form. Over Sid Roams’ gritty, brass-driven instrumental (complete with cuts by DJ Revolution), Evidence launches into a pure, no-holds-barred display of lyrical prowess, boasting about his mic skills, his weed-smuggling abilities and, of course, his female appeal: “I don’t just rap, I body ladies in one line / talkin’ slick to three chicks on text at one time.” Has this old-school banger left you craving more? If you just can’t wait to hear what else Evidence has to offer, keep it locked for the latest on his Cats & Dogs LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date. In the meantime, why not take the edge off by checking out this cut’s official video?
Listen to More: Evidence
Written by richard on 08/18/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Yourself Go (Remix) ft. Phonte" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)