Though Evidence was recently heard flowing alongside fellow Dilated Peoples member (Dilated Person?) Rakaa Iriscience on single Aces High, it’s been more than a year since the Cali mainstay stepped into the Booth with a solo feature. Now signed to Minne-ap’s own Rhymesayers Ent, the emcee’s back to give listeners the first taste of his forthcoming full-length with To Be Continued…, a single previously leaked to the ‘net by DJ Premier but presented here in its finished form. Over Sid Roams’ gritty, brass-driven instrumental (complete with cuts by DJ Revolution), Evidence launches into a pure, no-holds-barred display of lyrical prowess, boasting about his mic skills, his weed-smuggling abilities and, of course, his female appeal: “I don’t just rap, I body ladies in one line / talkin’ slick to three chicks on text at one time.” Has this old-school banger left you craving more? If you just can’t wait to hear what else Evidence has to offer, keep it locked for the latest on his Cats & Dogs LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date. In the meantime, why not take the edge off by checking out this cut’s official video?
Written by richard on 08/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Yourself Go (Remix) ft. Phonte" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.