Though Evidence was recently heard flowing alongside fellow Dilated Peoples member (Dilated Person?) Rakaa Iriscience on single Aces High, it’s been more than a year since the Cali mainstay stepped into the Booth with a solo feature. Now signed to Minne-ap’s own Rhymesayers Ent, the emcee’s back to give listeners the first taste of his forthcoming full-length with To Be Continued…, a single previously leaked to the ‘net by DJ Premier but presented here in its finished form. Over Sid Roams’ gritty, brass-driven instrumental (complete with cuts by DJ Revolution), Evidence launches into a pure, no-holds-barred display of lyrical prowess, boasting about his mic skills, his weed-smuggling abilities and, of course, his female appeal: “I don’t just rap, I body ladies in one line / talkin’ slick to three chicks on text at one time.” Has this old-school banger left you craving more? If you just can’t wait to hear what else Evidence has to offer, keep it locked for the latest on his Cats & Dogs LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date. In the meantime, why not take the edge off by checking out this cut’s official video?
Written by richard on 08/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Yourself Go (Remix) ft. Phonte" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.