On this newly-leaked cut off the Soul Assassins crew’s Intermission LP, two West Coast vets team up to make a little Classical music—okay, not exactly; though Alchemist‘s unique beat sounds like it could have been inspired by one of Wendy Carlos’ old-school Moog covers of the classical greats, the record’s verses find Dilated Peoples’ Evidence and Psycho Realm rapper Sick Jacken paying tribute to the power of hip-hop. Determined to make mind-expanding music for the streets regardless of whether it brings him fame and fortune, Jacken turns in an opener that will have listeners nodding along, but Evidence sounds a little more at home over the instrumental (unsurprisingly, considering how far he and Alchemist go back), and his poetically dense second verse is the arguable highlight. Intermission, a collaborative album featuring underground talent from all over the hip-hop map, is set to hit record shops and online retailers June 23rd.
Written by richard on 04/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Yourself Go (Remix) ft. Phonte" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)