Long ago the group Dilated Peoples cemented their legacy as “underground” hip-hop legends after grinding it out on the road in between the release of all of their highly respected albums. Though the formula was simple, their skill and ability has given each member a lasting grip on the subterranean even as solo artists. Today marks the release of DP emcee Evidence’s solo effort, a Rhymesayers released project entitled Cats and Dogs, that gives his listening audience more of what they’ve come to expect – solid, fundamental hip-hop. Over an airy Statik Selektah beat, Ev raps about the Good Times. As every rapper grows older, thoughts about the past and journey from that past to get to the present can become a theme, and Good Times is one of Ev’s trips down memory lane. The title of the track isn’t tongue and cheek humor either, as the veteran emcee really does present a case for why he views things as being “glass half full.” Good Times is an iTunes bonus track that’s definitely a nice addition to an already dope effort by the West Coast stalwart. Along with an instrumental version, fans can purchase Cats & Dogs directly from DJBooth here.
Written by JC Poppe on 09/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Yourself Go (Remix) ft. Phonte" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.