Anyone with step-relatives can attest to the fact that blended families are often a far cry from The Brady Bunch; nonetheless, (figurative) Step Brothers and longtime collaborators Evidence and The Alchemist have proven a musical match made in heaven, and now they’re getting ready for the release of their debut album as a duo. On this newly-released cut, presented as part 2 of a record off Evidence’s ‘08 EP, The Layover, the duo rejoin forces with fellow West Coast native Fashawn to continue their guided tour of the Far Left side of the map. Evidence and Alchemist’s rhymes are slow-burning, painterly and fairly abstract, while Fashawn caps things off with a more focused. story-driven verse. Complete with Alchemist’s shimmering, tension-fraught piano accompaniment, the track exudes a faintly sinister vibe that should leave listeners intrigued. Step Brothers has yet to receive a release date—keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 04/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Yourself Go (Remix) ft. Phonte" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.