Anyone with step-relatives can attest to the fact that blended families are often a far cry from The Brady Bunch; nonetheless, (figurative) Step Brothers and longtime collaborators Evidence and The Alchemist have proven a musical match made in heaven, and now they’re getting ready for the release of their debut album as a duo. On this newly-released cut, presented as part 2 of a record off Evidence’s ‘08 EP, The Layover, the duo rejoin forces with fellow West Coast native Fashawn to continue their guided tour of the Far Left side of the map. Evidence and Alchemist’s rhymes are slow-burning, painterly and fairly abstract, while Fashawn caps things off with a more focused. story-driven verse. Complete with Alchemist’s shimmering, tension-fraught piano accompaniment, the track exudes a faintly sinister vibe that should leave listeners intrigued. Step Brothers has yet to receive a release date—keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest.
Written by richard on 04/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Yourself Go (Remix) ft. Phonte" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.