Last year, while on tour with Little Brother, Evidence had an epiphany. Instead of just crafting a 5-song “side project” with friend and producer Khrysis, the Dilated Peoples member decided to spin a simple, original concept into a brand new EP; on November 25, the graffiti artist-turned-emcee will unleash The Layover. Inspired by the success of past EPs from the likes of Pete Rock & CL Smooth (All Souled Out) and Ice Cube (Kill at Will), Evidence will release the project, hoping to tide fans over till his second full-length solo project, entitled Cats & Dogs, drops next spring. The EP’s first single, For Whom The Bell Tolls, features guest verses by Phonte (of Little Brother) and Blu, and a catchy hook from producer/artist will.i.am.
Written by DJ Z on 10/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Yourself Go (Remix) ft. Phonte" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.