Last year, while on tour with Little Brother, Evidence had an epiphany. Instead of just crafting a 5-song “side project” with friend and producer Khrysis, the Dilated Peoples member decided to spin a simple, original concept into a brand new EP; on November 25, the graffiti artist-turned-emcee will unleash The Layover. Inspired by the success of past EPs from the likes of Pete Rock & CL Smooth (All Souled Out) and Ice Cube (Kill at Will), Evidence will release the project, hoping to tide fans over till his second full-length solo project, entitled Cats & Dogs, drops next spring. The EP’s first single, For Whom The Bell Tolls, features guest verses by Phonte (of Little Brother) and Blu, and a catchy hook from producer/artist will.i.am.
Written by DJ Z on 10/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Yourself Go (Remix) ft. Phonte" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.