Last year, while on tour with Little Brother, Evidence had an epiphany. Instead of just crafting a 5-song “side project” with friend and producer Khrysis, the Dilated Peoples member decided to spin a simple, original concept into a brand new EP; on November 25, the graffiti artist-turned-emcee will unleash The Layover. Inspired by the success of past EPs from the likes of Pete Rock & CL Smooth (All Souled Out) and Ice Cube (Kill at Will), Evidence will release the project, hoping to tide fans over till his second full-length solo project, entitled Cats & Dogs, drops next spring. The EP’s first single, For Whom The Bell Tolls, features guest verses by Phonte (of Little Brother) and Blu, and a catchy hook from producer/artist will.i.am.
Written by DJ Z on 10/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Yourself Go (Remix) ft. Phonte" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)