Last year, while on tour with Little Brother, Evidence had an epiphany. Instead of just crafting a 5-song “side project” with friend and producer Khrysis, the Dilated Peoples member decided to spin a simple, original concept into a brand new EP; on November 25, the graffiti artist-turned-emcee will unleash The Layover. Inspired by the success of past EPs from the likes of Pete Rock & CL Smooth (All Souled Out) and Ice Cube (Kill at Will), Evidence will release the project, hoping to tide fans over till his second full-length solo project, entitled Cats & Dogs, drops next spring. The EP’s first single, For Whom The Bell Tolls, features guest verses by Phonte (of Little Brother) and Blu, and a catchy hook from producer/artist will.i.am.
Written by DJ Z on 10/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Yourself Go (Remix) ft. Phonte" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.