Last year, while on tour with Little Brother, Evidence had an epiphany. Instead of just crafting a 5-song “side project” with friend and producer Khrysis, the Dilated Peoples member decided to spin a simple, original concept into a brand new EP; on November 25, the graffiti artist-turned-emcee will unleash The Layover. Inspired by the success of past EPs from the likes of Pete Rock & CL Smooth (All Souled Out) and Ice Cube (Kill at Will), Evidence will release the project, hoping to tide fans over till his second full-length solo project, entitled Cats & Dogs, drops next spring. The EP’s first single, For Whom The Bell Tolls, features guest verses by Phonte (of Little Brother) and Blu, and a catchy hook from producer/artist will.i.am.
Written by DJ Z on 10/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let Yourself Go (Remix) ft. Phonte" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.