New mixtape cut What Should He Do may be Everlivin Sounds first feature but, in actuality, the duo’s only half-new to the Booth. That’s right: Jersey emcee and longtime reader favorite CyMarshall Law‘s linked up with UK rapper Skit Slam for a border-crossing collaborative mixtape that, judging by leak numero uno, promises to be pretty damned dope. First to flow over Task Productions’ head-noddable beat (sampled from the Manhattans’ Follow Your Heart), Law roars out the gate with such intricately-rhymed quotables as “I got struck by lightning, now I’m black like my ethnicity / and when I write, my pen conducts electricity.” Skit comes with a more down-to-Earth, but equally fresh style on the track’s latter portion, delivering bars laced with surprisingly practical advice. What should you do if you’re digging this track? Easy: download a copy of Everlivin Sounds’ Booth-hosted Freedom of Speech: The Last Word Benders mixtape when it drops May 10.
Written by richard on 04/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Up Stand Up" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.