New mixtape cut What Should He Do may be Everlivin Sounds first feature but, in actuality, the duo’s only half-new to the Booth. That’s right: Jersey emcee and longtime reader favorite CyMarshall Law‘s linked up with UK rapper Skit Slam for a border-crossing collaborative mixtape that, judging by leak numero uno, promises to be pretty damned dope. First to flow over Task Productions’ head-noddable beat (sampled from the Manhattans’ Follow Your Heart), Law roars out the gate with such intricately-rhymed quotables as “I got struck by lightning, now I’m black like my ethnicity / and when I write, my pen conducts electricity.” Skit comes with a more down-to-Earth, but equally fresh style on the track’s latter portion, delivering bars laced with surprisingly practical advice. What should you do if you’re digging this track? Easy: download a copy of Everlivin Sounds’ Booth-hosted Freedom of Speech: The Last Word Benders mixtape when it drops May 10.
Listen to More: Everliven Sound
Written by richard on 04/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Up Stand Up" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.