New mixtape cut What Should He Do may be Everlivin Sounds first feature but, in actuality, the duo’s only half-new to the Booth. That’s right: Jersey emcee and longtime reader favorite CyMarshall Law‘s linked up with UK rapper Skit Slam for a border-crossing collaborative mixtape that, judging by leak numero uno, promises to be pretty damned dope. First to flow over Task Productions’ head-noddable beat (sampled from the Manhattans’ Follow Your Heart), Law roars out the gate with such intricately-rhymed quotables as “I got struck by lightning, now I’m black like my ethnicity / and when I write, my pen conducts electricity.” Skit comes with a more down-to-Earth, but equally fresh style on the track’s latter portion, delivering bars laced with surprisingly practical advice. What should you do if you’re digging this track? Easy: download a copy of Everlivin Sounds’ Booth-hosted Freedom of Speech: The Last Word Benders mixtape when it drops May 10.
Written by richard on 04/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Up Stand Up" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)