You might raise an eyebrow at Everliven Sounds’s lofty claim that “Life is like a video game.” I mean, you don’t see Italian plumbers eating giant mushrooms and saving princesses nor do you get rewarded for stealing cars and wreaking havoc on an unsuspecting city. Before you dismiss Everliven Sound, an emcee pair composed of Cymarshall Law and Skit Slam, and their new single Video Game, you might want to take a listen, because the duo makes some pretty good points and they do so with unique, left of center styles that will appeal to gamers and non-gamers alike. DJ Tee’s fluttering beat, equipped with an outro chocked full of video game samples, provides the twosome a platform to draw comparisons between real life and the animated/8-bit world. Grab your controller and get hip to the game by downloading the pair’ brand new album, The Everending Story, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Should He Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.