Long before Eve Jihan Jeffers was a big-name hip-hop artist, she was a Philly adolescent nursing fantasies of musical superstardom. On Make It Out This Town, the latest single off her long-awaited “comeback” LP, the erstwhile First Lady of Ruff Ryders reaches out to young people in a similar position, urging them to keep pursuing their dreams in spite of the obstacles that will inevitably stand in their way: “Never let your circumstances hold you back / you were born free, never gotta feel trapped.” Co-written by Nicholas Oshane and Claude Kelly, this uplifting motivational jam comes backed by the pop-appealing production of Jon Jon Traxx, and packs a catchy guest chorus by Cobra Starship frontman Gabe Saporta. Featuring this record, the recently-remixed She Bad Bad and much more, Lip Lock is scheduled for release May 14.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
From the Rib/RED
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tambourine ft. Swizz Beatz " (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.