Long before Eve Jihan Jeffers was a big-name hip-hop artist, she was a Philly adolescent nursing fantasies of musical superstardom. On Make It Out This Town, the latest single off her long-awaited “comeback” LP, the erstwhile First Lady of Ruff Ryders reaches out to young people in a similar position, urging them to keep pursuing their dreams in spite of the obstacles that will inevitably stand in their way: “Never let your circumstances hold you back / you were born free, never gotta feel trapped.” Co-written by Nicholas Oshane and Claude Kelly, this uplifting motivational jam comes backed by the pop-appealing production of Jon Jon Traxx, and packs a catchy guest chorus by Cobra Starship frontman Gabe Saporta. Featuring this record, the recently-remixed She Bad Bad and much more, Lip Lock is scheduled for release May 14.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
From the Rib/RED
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tambourine ft. Swizz Beatz " (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.