Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between an original song and the remixed version. On the remix to Eve‘s Tambourine, Swizz Beatz clearly wanted to make sure there was no such confusion. Using a high-pitched squirrel voice to pronounce that this is in fact “the remix,” Swizzy ever so slightly tweaks the beat. Instead of hearing Eve’s vocals on the first verse this time, Missy Elliot and Fabolous both get their feature verse on, before stepping aside for E-V-E to step up to the mic. If you’re looking to circle a date on your calendar for the release of Here I Am, look no further (for hopefully the last time) than September 18th.
Written by DJ Z on 07/23/07
Submit your Rating
From the Rib/RED
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tambourine ft. Swizz Beatz " (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.