Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between an original song and the remixed version. On the remix to Eve‘s Tambourine, Swizz Beatz clearly wanted to make sure there was no such confusion. Using a high-pitched squirrel voice to pronounce that this is in fact “the remix,” Swizzy ever so slightly tweaks the beat. Instead of hearing Eve’s vocals on the first verse this time, Missy Elliot and Fabolous both get their feature verse on, before stepping aside for E-V-E to step up to the mic. If you’re looking to circle a date on your calendar for the release of Here I Am, look no further (for hopefully the last time) than September 18th.
Written by DJ Z on 07/23/07
Submit your Rating
From the Rib/RED
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tambourine ft. Swizz Beatz " (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.