Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between an original song and the remixed version. On the remix to Eve‘s Tambourine, Swizz Beatz clearly wanted to make sure there was no such confusion. Using a high-pitched squirrel voice to pronounce that this is in fact “the remix,” Swizzy ever so slightly tweaks the beat. Instead of hearing Eve’s vocals on the first verse this time, Missy Elliot and Fabolous both get their feature verse on, before stepping aside for E-V-E to step up to the mic. If you’re looking to circle a date on your calendar for the release of Here I Am, look no further (for hopefully the last time) than September 18th.
Written by DJ Z on 07/23/07
Submit your Rating
From the Rib/RED
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tambourine ft. Swizz Beatz " (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.