In romantic relationships, familiarity often breeds contempt. Sometimes, through, all it takes is a Cheap Date to rekindle that old flame. On a fresh single off his soon-to-be-released For the Birds LP, the Boston-born rhymesayer looks back on the sweet beginnings of a rocky relationship, and lets his girl know that he’s willing to work together to rebuild burnt bridges. Customary, the Booth-approved beatsmith behind previous single Go Round, provides a tuneful, piano-driven backdrop for the emcee’s heartfelt bars. Feeling it? More quality cuts await on Evan’s next digital full-length, dropping next Tuesday, August 19, exclusively in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 08/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stay Young" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.